Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin livery for newbie

Options
  • 31-05-2018 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there - I'm looking into the costs and logistics of getting a pony for my 10 year old daughter. I've read through many posts here but, as a complete newbie to this, I'm finding it hard to work out exactly what we need and who offers it.

She rides at Child Vision and Kilronan, neither of which offer livery for children. Can anyone recommend somewhere within reasonable access of North Dublin? What should we be looking for? And, the big question, what is the range of what we should expect to pay?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

I don't know of these businesses 1st hand except that I know they cater for children more than others

Dympnas Equestrian Centre, Swords - website says €80 per week for a pony
    Oldtown Riding School, Oldtown
    Forrest Equestrian Centre, Swords

Maybe taken some lessons with them first. It might be possible to lease or share a pony before committing to buy. Spend time in a centre and get a feel for it. The happiest, safest ponies aren't always the ones in yards that are immaculate and impressive looking and also a yard with a nice atmosphere where your daughter is also happy, safe and loves going to visit is really important.
    Take time when buying a pony to make sure it is the right one. So many people make the wrong choice and overlook niggles because they are pretty etc. Vetting is critical too to try to reduce the chance of having problems in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fleagle

Thanks Harriet - I'll look into those. Got a recommendation for Kinsealy too.

Advertisement