Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Emissions light coming on, on a 2008 Vectra

Options
  • 31-05-2018 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

Hi All, my 2L petrol 2008 Vectra is giving a bit of trouble.
    The emissions light is coming on and the car is losing power.

So when I start it up in the morning the car will drive but there is a noticeable amount of power loss on accerlation and the engine sound out of tune.

If I drive the car for about 10 minutes then turn off the engine and restart it, the power is back where it should be and the engine sounds and feels fine, however the emissions light is still on.

Anybody got any ideas, does this sound like oxygen sensor issue ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Does the light look like this?

imagesCAFCCUUT_zps523ed9d0.jpg

You need to get codes read by a mechanic.
    Anything else is just guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Air mass meter.. Just a guess but God they're troublesome. AutoVaux in the UK is your best bet for a good quality replacement. Get the codes read first just to be certain.

Advertisement