Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass in insebay

Options
  • 31-05-2018 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hi, have just moved into insebay. As far as I know the council have taken over the estate, maybe someone can tell me. However I've had people at my door requesting an annual fee for grass cutting. I know this was the case before the estate was taken over by the council. Can anyone clarify the situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭gipi

My estate in Drogheda was taken in charge by the council a few years ago. The council don't manage the green areas, so we still pay the annual management fee for maintenance of the green space. Might be the same for your estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Are you in Louth county?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cloud1969

Meath Co. Co. do not cut grass in private estates as far as I know. Each estate must fund the cutting themselves.

What is a private estate, our estate has been taken over by Meath council. It's not one of those gated estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Would love to know how to get Meath Co. Co. to take over an estate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

If you google Meath County Council taking in charge Policy and Protocol Document it will tell you exactly what they do and one of the things in it is that they don't do grass cuttings or maintain grass verges, that's they way most if not all councils operate,[ Sorry i dont know how to put the link up]

Thanks, will look that up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yep, being a blow in from Dublin, was surprised when I found out that Meath Co. Co. don't do grass cutting in the estates. Fingal did, at least when I lived there.

So even when an estate is taken in charge, you'll still need to organise grass cutting of green areas with your neighbours. And of course, you'll get the f**kers who just won't pay - we have them, every estate has them.
    horse7 wrote: »
    What is a private estate, our estate has been taken over by Meath council. It's not one of those gated estates.

A private estate is any estate - gated or otherwise - that's not a local authority estate i.e. the houses are privately owned. Doesn't matter if it's taken over by the council or not, it's still a private estate.
    Golfwidow wrote: »
    Would love to know how to get Meath Co. Co. to take over an estate!!

All in here:
    http://www.meath.ie/CountyCouncil/Planning/TakinginCharge/

We've put in for our estate to be taken over, needed 50% or more of the residents to sign a form, that's all. (Unless you are already in the council's plans to be taken in charge, but don't hold your breath on that one).

Advertisement