Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte news and newsreaders

Options
  • 31-05-2018 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Is it possible that claire byrne or miriam ocallaghan or david mcullagh would ever present the news because now with the recent departures of so much anchors the only anchors left are eileen dunne and sharon ni bheolan.
    The one oclock news dosent really even have an anchor any more
    Also does anyone else think that the standing intro on the nine oclock news on saturday is very good.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/player/nine-news-web/2018/0526/

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Broadcasting. However we might be careful about any discussion of individual personalities, bearing in mind they are not here to defend themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This thread is about content rather than delivery - shouldn't it be in the Television (General) forum?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No. If we take that attitude, we may as well close this forum down, as it would mean all of the sports rights threads would also be off topic, as would any post in the TV3 or eir thread that even vaguely touched on content.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

I've been watching various news over the years Fair play to Collette Fitzpatrick for staying loyal to TV3 notice a few new reporters starting out on the station. While I'm a fan of Sharon Tobin she should do more on presenting the news, I've lived near her fine girl, she's now in RTE 10 years, would have thought she'd have done more than just reporting and presenting, she did documentary when on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

For me, On the Six-One, Ray Kennedy should be on that news show each day.
    He has worked in the past, on Sky News Ireland, TV3 and now RTE.

Also there seems to be a rather large influx of ex TV3 news presenters to RTE recently. The WAshington correspondent, and several others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement