Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gutter repair

Options
  • 30-05-2018 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I have a metal shed gutter about 25m with a few small pinholes. I have cleaned, bleached and hosed it out for prep. What are the options to seal the internal gutter base- bitumen/rubber paint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

I would prefer a paint based as one side of the gutter is not accessible as it is behind corrugated sheeting. (Apologies should have said) Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

If it's pitted it's better to consider replacing the Gutter altogether. in my experience any of the Mastic type paint products are only good for temporary repairs and don't last long term. PVC Guttering is relatively cheap and you only need 5 Lengths.

Advertisement