Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmet Stickers in France

Options
  • 30-05-2018 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm planning a trip through France and into Italy next month. I'm reading all sorts of stuff about reflective helmet stickers in France. Is it a bit like the non-event breathalyser laws or do I need to buy a set to stick on my lid ? Anyone been there and any feedback?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've been through France a few times and never had them. But I was never stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

The helmet reflective sticker law doesn't apply to foreign helmets; only new helmets sold in France.

You must have a hi-vis for rider and pillion but don't have to wear it riding. It's for breakdowns or incidents road-side.

Breathalyser: You're supposed to have one (or two?) but there's no fine if you don't.

There's a new law that riders and pillions must wear CE-rated gloves.

The helmet reflective sticker law doesn't apply to foreign helmets; only new helmets sold in France.

You must have a hi-vis for rider and pillion but don't have to wear it riding. It's for breakdowns or incidents road-side.

Breathalyser: You're supposed to have one (or two?) but there's no fine if you don't.

There's a new law that riders and pillions must wear CE-rated gloves.

They require emmisions stickers to enter some cities.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande-ext/cgu

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

I am heading over to this https://deauville-meets-deauville.com/index.php?id=164&L=0
    In Austria next month . The reflective stickers on helmet is not necessary. .Enjoy your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Last helmet I bought had the stickers in a little bag if you needed them.

Still haven’t been to France on the bike as I was informed that it was better to be a Local than go as a tourist.

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »
    Still haven’t been to France on the bike as I was informed that it was better to be a Local than go as a tourist.

Who told you that? I've been a few times and if they treat the locals any better I can't see how. Everyone was friendly and no hassle anywhere, car drivers actually notice bikes and will pull over to let you pass and driving through small villages get big waves off the locals. On the Alpine passes it's rare to see a F on a plate.

Advertisement