Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What wheel bolt

Options
  • 30-05-2018 9:10pm

Looking at a new set of wheel bolts to go with my refurbed wheels :cool:

Here are the bolts Im going to order.
    https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/wheel-tyre-accessories/grayston-wheel-bolt

My question is what seat type do I need?
    I know its a 14mm x 1.25pitch with a 17mm head and 28mm length.

Edit-maybe thats not the right pitch......

Seat options are

Fixed 60 degree
    Fixed Radius
    Loose 60 degree

Pic of my current bolt

Thanks

Comments

bolt_2__07633.1449614528.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

Think I've found my answer

I need m14 x 1.5 tapered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

bolt_2__07633.1449614528.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

Think I've found my answer

I need m14 x 1.5 tapered

If the picture you posted in your OP is the wheel nut from your car then you need radius bolts or acorn style seats. Tapered is a straight angle whereas your bolt has a bulge or acorn style seat so you need radius.

If the picture you posted in your OP is the wheel nut from your car then you need radius bolts or acorn style seats. Tapered is a straight angle whereas your bolt has a bulge or acorn style seat so you need radius.

That is my current bolt.
    How did I think it was tapered :o

Thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement