Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alleged incident - and now chasing 'expenses'

Options
  • 30-05-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

A cyclist recently alleged that my driving caused him to fall off his bike. As far as Im concerned Id nothing to do with him falling off his bike - he was fine, his bike was fine, no marks or any evidence of any kind of brush with my car - verified by Garda at the scene.

Id informed my insurance company of the alleged incident as required.

Garda could see no fault from my perspective and his investigation is closed.

Insurance assessor reviewed by car and could find no evidence of any marks on it.

Now Im getting letters from the cyclist for 'expenses' incurred as a result of the alleged 'incident'...a (dubious looking) receipt for attending a doctor, and other few bits. Id ignored the first letter but now Ive gotten a 'reminder' one indicating that he will go to the insurance company if I dont pay up.

I havent a notion of paying the 'expenses' but what should I do about these letters?
    Ive informed my insurance company that Ive gotten these letters.
    How do these things generally play out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does the doctor receipt have the GP's number(s) on it? You an easily make up an A4 sheet that looks like a doctor's receipt but most practices also stamp it with the name of the doctor and his/her numbers, the likes of the VHI will not reimburse you without that data. My practice stamps receipts with the name of the doctor I visited and two numbers - a GMS (general medical services, basically the HSE) number and an IMC number (Irish Medical Council, the body which registers doctors to practice medicine).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 YouThinkThat

No - no stamp - just an A4 sheet!!!....

Either way Im not planning on engaging with him.

Advertisement