Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insect problem

Options
  • 30-05-2018 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the insects in the following pictures are and how they possibly came about into the house?

Theres about 8 in the house in different locations and they're in cocoons? How do I get rid of this problem?

Thanks

[edit - I'm sure its something to do with the recent hot and humid weather no doubt!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xDerp

Looks a bit darker than but not dissimilar to the "case bearing moth". Have you seen any small moths lately in the house? The larva will eat any natural fabric. I had an infestation of them a good few years back and they destroyed the carpets in the house. You'll need to Hoover the hell out of the place and possibly get an exterminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Looks familiar ... take a look at this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106727216

Advertisement