Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

086 number

Options
  • 30-05-2018 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi,
    Slightly strange request below - maybe someone can help!

I have to give my current 086 number back to work. I really want to keep an 086 prefix - is it possible to buy active 086 sims still?

I have looked on Adverts, Done Deal and eBay but no luck - anyone know where I can source one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,760 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

amjon. wrote: »
    Hi,

I have to give my current 086 number back to work. I really want to keep an 086 prefix - is it possible to buy active 086 sims still?

I have looked on Adverts, Done Deal and eBay but no luck - anyone know where I can source one?

Ask them if you can port the number out of their contract. There may be a termination fee which they may charge but up to you then.

I have had the same work mobile number for 6 years now and I'll be taking it with me for sure (it helps that I manage the account though) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

amjon. wrote: »
    Hi,

086 Prefixes are reserved for 3 business customers these days. So still possible to get a new 086 prefix but only as a business customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ask them if you can port the number out of their contract. There may be a termination fee which they may charge but up to you then.

I have had the same work mobile number for 6 years now and I'll be taking it with me for sure (it helps that I manage the account though) :)

Not a runner, unfortunately, it's been used as an emergency line for years.

I'll see what I can do with 3.

Advertisement