Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacment Tent Poles

Options
  • 30-05-2018 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi guys

Borrowed a tent for the weekend and unfortunately due to very strong windows, 2 of the tent poles have snapped

Need to fix/replace before we can give the tent back

Struggling to find it anywhere online

Its a tesco tent

10 Section, 59cm each, 9.5mm diamater

Anyone have any ideas for me?

I'm trying to avoid having to buy them a brand new tent for obvious reasons.. any ideas for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

you should be able to just replace the broken sections (remove the insert at one end, undo the knot in the bungee and slide off the individual sections. Replace the broken one and reverse the process). Just make sure they're the same type (eg most are aluminium, cheapie tents use fibreglass)

I saw pole sections last week in Call of the WIld in Galway for €2 each, a few different makes, one was Vango. Gelert also do single pole sections

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

Ah Cool

I was trying to replace the whole lot

I will have a look tonight at just replacing the broken ones

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

It will be easy enough if you get a pole repair kit with the new pole sections - slim piece of wire longer than a pole section to attach elastic and push through.

Advertisement