Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexa and TuneIn - Sorry something went wrong

Options
  • 30-05-2018 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Anyone having issues with TuneIn and Alexa?

This was working fine before. I could say "Alexa, TuneIn Newstalk 107.2" and it would play newstalk.
    Then about 6 months ago this stopped working and I then had to say "Alexa, TuneIn Newstalk" which was annoying the original phase stopped working but better overall.

Then a few weeks back when I try switch to some stations it doesn't work and I get a response saying "sorry, something went wrong". Can't seem to get Newstalk working at all now or Sunshine.

Anyone else having similar issues lately?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I just tried "Alexa, play Newstalk" and it worked perfectly.

When it first launched it had plenty of problems, but I would say "play tune-in" and then it would play the last station.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PepePareja

I was having this problem on 1 of 2 echo dots. In my case, the problem seems to have been caused by setting up a music group for the two dots (some time back) then de-registering one of the devices recently for trouble shooting a different WiFi related issue. This is the one which developed the TuneIn issue.

It seems that when I re-registered the dot, that the group malfunctioned. I deleted the music group and now TuneIn commands are working fine again.

I hope that this helps.

Advertisement