Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car | write-off (cat. c) insurance increase?

Options
  • 30-05-2018 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi. I would like to know if ye have any experience with a car that has been written off by insurance company. Does price of insurance increase over the years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

When it happened to me, I lost some of my No Claims Bonus (I think I went from full 5 years to 3 years or something like that). So I did pay higher for a couple of years as I rebuilt my NCB. It was worth it for me as I got more in what the company valued the car at than what I paid in extra premiums.

This was a good 10 years ago, so I don't know if it would still be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

When it happened to me, I lost some of my No Claims Bonus (I think I went from full 5 years to 3 years or something like that). So I did pay higher for a couple of years as I rebuilt my NCB. It was worth it for me as I got more in what the company valued the car at than what I paid in extra premiums.

This was a good 10 years ago, so I don't know if it would still be the same.

I'm not claiming. Other car company claiming liability. I'm not loose NCB.

Advertisement