Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car rental/insurance Marbella - Drop-off Murcia

Options
  • 30-05-2018 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on car hire companys in Marbella. I will be dropping the car off at Murcia airport - will this be more expensive? Also, I need to wait to pay at the rental company as the sites don't seem to accept debit cards.

I have taken out a policy for excess cover with www.carhireexcess.com - it was 18euro for a week and they cover up to 7500 excess - anyone used this site before?

Many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on car hire companys in Marbella. I will be dropping the car off at Murcia airport - will this be more expensive? Also, I need to wait to pay at the rental company as the sites don't seem to accept debit cards.
    You would be far quicker going on to the car hire websites to see if they accommodate different collection / drop off locations.
    Its unlikely smaller companies will do it, especially given the distance.
    Most car hire companies don't accept debit cards, but may consider it if the excess insurance is paid for, you would be better contacting each of them to get confirmation back, or check their websites terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,917 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi All,

I have taken out a policy for excess cover with www.carhireexcess.com - it was 18euro for a week and they cover up to 7500 excess - anyone used this site before?

Without a credit card most car rental places make you take out their €0 excess policy, they won't let you use a 3rd party excess policy.

The only way you'll get correct prices is to use the larger rental companies own websites and enter the dates, you should be able to pay for everything then. 3rd party trawler sites won't be able to get you the rental companies own €0 excess policy so you'll be hit with the extra charge when you go to the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hi All,

More thank likely it will. Whenever i hire a car in the UK with the big hire companies there is nearly always an extra charge for dropping off at a different airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement