Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swing Low, Sweet 54 million dollar Jet

Options
  • 30-05-2018 12:13am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I really believe that if Jesus was physically on the Earth today he wouldn’t be riding a donkey. Think about that for a minute. He’d be in an aeroplane preaching the gospel all over the world.

You know I’ve owned three different jets in my life and used them and used them and just burning them up for the Lord. Now, some people believe that preachers shouldn’t have jets. I really believe that preachers ought to go on every available voice, every available outlet, to get this gospel preached to the world.

Now the Good Lord told, He told me: ‘Jesse, you want to come up to where I’m at?’ He said: ‘Before you ask, I’ll answer: Isaiah 65:24.’ He said: ‘I want you to believe me for a Falcon 7X. So let me just say this: we’re believing God for a brand new Falcon 7X so we can go anywhere in the world in one stop.
    A televangelist has asked his followers to donate money so he can buy a $54m (€47m) private jet.

Jesse Duplantis, 68, based in Louisiana, sought the donations in a video posted on his ministry’s website.

It comes months after another televangelist, Kenneth Copeland, brought a new Gulstream V jet “debt free” for “the Lord’s work.”

When the plane entered the market in 1998, it cost $36m (€31m).

Doing the Lord's work

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/north-america/its-what-jesus-would-do-evangelist-asks-followers-for-47m-to-buy-a-private-jet-36958504.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

No doubt there are suckers who'll give this guy a couple hundred dollars at a time, too. Be a while raising over 50 million though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

Let’s copy and paste the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

As someone who has had contact with the people of Houma, Shreveport & Thibodaux amongst others, I can confidently say that the inhabitants of Louisiana are dumber than a pet rock...Trump... crawfish... Jesus...and guns... that preacher is getting his jet alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Noveight wrote: »
    No doubt there are suckers who'll give this guy a couple hundred dollars at a time, too. Be a while raising over 50 million though!

These suckers won't mind as long as they don't get lectured for their own mode of transport. Unlike how they would react to Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

Holy space station , passed a little while ago , might of being it , them , him , her , offs .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Noveight wrote: »

Well the other guy managed a 50 million jet so why not give it a shot!

Jimmy Dags wrote: »
    Let’s copy and paste the internet.

Well we can't be waiting on you to get the conversations going now can we Jimmy?

Again I tell you, it is easier for a Falcon 7x to go through the eye of a hurricane, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For those who think the sky's the limit -

so jump in the river and learn to swim
    God's gonna wash away all your sins
    and if you still can't see the light
    God's gonna buy you a satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

https://youtu.be/AdH2DGSXjss

How anybody can give these chancers money I'll never know.
    "You can't stand up and talk to god on a commercial plane!"

EDIT
    Sorry, I don't know how to embed videos from my phone.

• Advertisement

How anybody can give these chancers money I'll never know.
    "You can't stand up and talk to god on a commercial plane!"

EDIT
    Sorry, I don't know how to embed videos from my phone.

You need to cut out everything up to the backslash, just leave the letter/number combo at the end

These guys need a private jet for sanctuary, no cave in the hills for them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Advertisement