Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT rebate (NCT export exam completed... what next)

Options
  • 29-05-2018 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I had an appointment at the NCT Vehicle Export centre almost 3 weeks ago and my car examined.

The guy at the centre was unaware of the next step, and said the Revenue will be in touch with me.

3 weeks have passed and I have not heard anything from the Revenue.

Can anyone confirm what the next step is please, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

oo7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had an appointment at the NCT Vehicle Export centre almost 3 weeks ago and my car examined.

The guy at the centre was unaware of the next step, and said the Revenue will be in touch with me.

3 weeks have passed and I have not heard anything from the Revenue.

Can anyone confirm what the next step is please, thanks.

Did guy in NCT centre gave you export examination report which shows refund amount?
    He should have, and if not - revenue should sent you that in post within few days.

Regardless, next step on your side is to remove the vehicle from Ireland within 30 days from Export examination date.

Then (if you're exporting within EU) you'll need to register the car in destination country, and send all documents to revenue.
    You'll need appropriate form filled in, proof of removal from Ireland (ferry ticket), proof of registration abroad (f.e. copy of registartion cert), and report from VRT export examination which you should have got already.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

CiniO wrote: »
    Did guy in NCT centre gave you export examination report which shows refund amount?
    He should have, and if not - revenue should sent you that in post within few days.

Regardless, next step on your side is to remove the vehicle from Ireland within 30 days from Export examination date.

Then (if you're exporting within EU) you'll need to register the car in destination country, and send all documents to revenue.
    You'll need appropriate form filled in, proof of removal from Ireland (ferry ticket), proof of registration abroad (f.e. copy of registartion cert), and report from VRT export examination which you should have got already.

Thanks for the reply.

No, the car is not on the VRT system so he said the revenue need to get back to me, but that was 3 weeks ago.

I have a copy of the inspection form that I had to sign, confirming the details etc, but he said the revenue need to contact me about the value.

Thanks for the reply.

No, the car is not on the VRT system so he said the revenue need to get back to me, but that was 3 weeks ago.

I have a copy of the inspection form that I had to sign, confirming the details etc, but he said the revenue need to contact me about the value.

OK. It takes long thought.
    I had same scenario, but revenue sent me a letter with VRT refund value after few days. 3 weeks is IMO worryingly long. Maybe try to contact them.

And remember that you have to remove the car from Ireland within 30 days from export examination - so if it was 3 weeks ago, you have just over a week left.

CiniO wrote: »
    OK. It takes long thought.
    I had same scenario, but revenue sent me a letter with VRT refund value after few days. 3 weeks is IMO worryingly long. Maybe try to contact them.

And remember that you have to remove the car from Ireland within 30 days from export examination - so if it was 3 weeks ago, you have just over a week left.

I won't be moving it until I get a figure from the revenue... it's a absolute joke that they expect you to export a car before you know what the rebate figure is.

I'm expecting €28k rebate based on the current OMSP of my car... but I would not be surprised if I got a letter with half that.

I won't be moving it until I get a figure from the revenue... it's a absolute joke that they expect you to export a car before you know what the rebate figure is.

I'm expecting €28k rebate based on the current OMSP of my car... but I would not be surprised if I got a letter with half that.

If you don't remove it from Ireland within 30 days, you'll need to present it for another VRT export examination. Otherwise you can forget about refund.

Out of curiosity, what car is it that you're expecting its VRT value to be at 28k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

An Aston clearly Cinio!

An Aston clearly Cinio!

:-) :-) :-)

A relatively new Porsche.

Advertisement