Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Tan 2018

Options
  • 29-05-2018 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Anyone get sunburned yet this year?

Top of my head is a bit toasty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Two words;

ALDI Suncream.

Never leave home without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Sat in the sun for like 10 minutes having lunch, sunburnt almost immediately. Damn pasty irish skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No I'm sallow to begin with, I tan up nicely in sun.

I only start burning after prolonged exposure to hot sun without sunscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

I’m from the sun cream is for women generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I never get a natural tan. White as the driven snow, me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Brown arms,white legs. It's the Irish way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Can't get burned indoors with the curtains closed.

#livingthedream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I’m from the sun cream is for women generation.

I'd be from the 'you're fcuk all use for dragging turf if you can't even sit in the Zetor' generation meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't tan, I use sunscreen.

For all you who tan...
    https://www.livescience.com/62670-is-any-tanning-safe.html
    There is no safe amount of tanning.

Tanning isn't bad for you just because it comes with the risk of burning, which can cause skin cancer. Tanning is bad for you because your body doesn't even begin to tan until dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays have pierced your skin and started to mess with your DNA.

Burning and tanning causes premature aging, so use sunscreen, a sun tan is just damaged skin and end up having you looking old.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

RobertKK wrote: »
    I don't tan, I use sunscreen.

For all you who tan...
    https://www.livescience.com/62670-is-any-tanning-safe.html

Burning and tanning causes premature aging, so use sunscreen, a sun tan is just damaged skin and end up having you looking old.

I tan with factor fifty. Only other solution is a Burka.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

kneemos wrote: »
    I tan with factor fifty. Only other solution is a Burka.

I was reading earlier that factor 30 gives 98% protection from the sun's rays

Factor 50 or more give less then 1% extra yet there is a large difference in the price

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Went golfing in Cork at the bank holiday weekend. Brought sun cream but didn't use it as it never seemed that bright or hot.

Worst sunburn I've had in about five years. Which still wasn't bad tbh as I don't burn easily.

I'm now rocking a mid-July tan though, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I stay covered head to feet. I brown easily though so my face looks a healthy glow. Not actually checked; the only mirror here is a purple framed round thing that turns to suit you. Or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Got a bit of colour on me legs.

1olnis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sorry folks. I love the weather to be warm, sunny and dry (rare enough here), but I actually "shade bathe".

I cannot see the point of being like a pig on a spit or a rasher on the pan. The sweat, the discomfort, the potential skin cancer. Yeeuk!

Factor 20 every morning on any exposed bits, just in case my bits are exposed to full sun at any time, before I crawl under my rock/umbrella, ella ella. LOL. And I am not a ginger nor a white skinned yoke either, quite the opposite.

Each to their own though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

We don't want Tans in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I had factor 50 on my face when i went on a hike and still came back with red cheeks at the end of the day :pac:
    True pasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Avoiding it as much as possible. The uv index was 7 yesterday ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I’ve already got new freckles ffs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I’ve already got new freckles ffs :(

My mother had auburn hair and the skin that goes with it. She used to say that if all her freckles joined up she would have a lovely tan,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

I burned my helmet in Porte de Carmen two years ago the sun is the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just seen today a man I regularly see in my neighbourhood sporting a nice tan. It's hard so see me for the sheets in a bed sometimes but unlike the tanned guy who's as bald as a coot I've still got a full head of hair and I know which I'd prefer to have :P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

Diging in the sun today for a long time , youd be mad not to put sun screen on , and the old hat works well , but feck i must have sweet buckets , after the week Brown arms and face , legs like snow . Proper Irish fan .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I wear spf all year round. I am extremely pale and am happy to stay that way. Sun damage causes wrinkles and ages your skin.
    May is skin cancer awareness month. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in Ireland and the easiest to prevent. Aldi and Lidl do cheap but effective spf. Boots have their own range called Soltan, which is a broad spectrum range which provides UVA and UVB protection.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

“Hello darkness, my old friend”.
    ‘nuff said.

Baby suncream ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Did we not drive them out in the war of independence?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My legs seem to have inbuilt SPF 50. Shorts on all the time and still not tanned.
    One fella came into work yesterday and obviously bathed in factor 50 but forgot the back of his neck,it was almost glowing red.

Advertisement