Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this water from the boiler?

Options
  • 29-05-2018 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Noticed that the boiler is leaking water ... Well the dog did as he was drinking it!

I have put a call in for engineer, but pending his visit .... Do I need to panic? I've the boiler turned off for now.

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Noticed that the boiler is leaking water ... Well the dog did as he was drinking it!

I have put a call in for engineer, but pending his visit .... Do I need to panic? I've the boiler turned off for now.

Thank you

If it’s leaking from that pipe, it isn’t too bad. Just turn off the water that supplies mains to boiler until plumber arrives.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bramblecorner

Wearb wrote: »
    If it’s leaking from that pipe, it isn’t too bad. Just turn off the water that supplies mains to boiler until plumber arrives.

Thanks for the swift response .... I haven't a clue where the water mains for the pump is (every day is a school day!). Oh gosh now I am questioning where the stop cocks are! Now there are two in the hotpress that I recall, but think they are the house supply.

I hope this doesn't mean major surgery either ... dog has just had that and eaten all the money to go with it blooming animal :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Your boiler doesn’t look very well maintained and poor maintenance will eventually lead to costly work.

If the leak has stopped with boiler turned off, then just wait for plumber to arrive. If still leaking, give him a call and he might be able to talk you through turning supply off.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bramblecorner

Wearb wrote: »
    Your boiler doesn’t look very well maintained and poor maintenance will eventually lead to costly work.

If the leak has stopped with boiler turned off, then just wait for plumber to arrive. If still leaking, give him a call and he might be able to talk you through turning supply off.

Okey doke, think two years since last service but at most three .....

Hopefully he will be as quick and helpful as ye have been.

Thanks again.

Advertisement