Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a 7 seater + awd+.....

Options
  • 29-05-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

hi guys recommendations please

looking for 7 seater (with decent rear seats that can actually be used and easy to put up and down)

Awd/4 wd preferable (live rural and could be the difference between being able to bring the kids to school if there's ice/snow)

economical (ish) to run and tax.

Qashqai was ticking a lot of boxes but was chatting someone who works for Nissan who said they can have engine problems (a salesman talking me out of buying one!)

was looking at a Mazda 5 not too gone of the rear seat set up but would suck that up but tax is on the high side and not sure how hard on petrol it would be.

We have a 2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 (petrol) and really wouldn't want the petrol costs to go up too much more.

Budget max 10k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your finding the tax on a Mazda5 expensive then you might have to rethink some of your criteria. Most 7 seaters with awd for under 10k will probably have a decent size engine with high tax. Anything newer with "cheap tax" will probably cost more than 10k to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

thanks that's a good point and I probably do need to rethink what I'm looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For economy, look at models with 2wd/4wd switch.
    Permanent 4wd will drink the petrol up :) I have had two cars with perm 4wd and got 25mpg at best (Grand Vitara and Forester)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Some models of the Nissan X-Trail have 7 seats, might be hard to come buy with a 10k budget but they do exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Qashqai+2 is essentially the predacessor of the current x trail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement