Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards AMA Week 6 - Cherry_Cola

Options
  • 29-05-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

Big thanks to SlickRic for his contributions last week in his AMA.

The train rolls on, and week 6 brings with it, the one, the only - Cherry_Cola! Somewhat of an all rounder, Cherry_Cola is ready, willing, and by God able, for your questions - have at him!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'll kick you off:

What's your earliest memory of watching wrestling, and do you remember what drew you in?

Who is your favourite WWE champ of all time?

If money was no object, what would be the first thing you'd buy?

Any favourite sports outside of the squared circle?

If you get stranded on a desert island, what are the one book, album and movie you bring with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would I be right in saying you live in Japan, or at least spend loads of time there. Tell us about that please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'll kick you off:

What's your earliest memory of watching wrestling, and do you remember what drew you in?

Who is your favourite WWE champ of all time?

If money was no object, what would be the first thing you'd buy?

Any favourite sports outside of the squared circle?

If you get stranded on a desert island, what are the one book, album and movie you bring with you?

My earliest memory is the Yokozuna/Undertaker casket match and I remember absolutely bricking it and running from the TV when Undertaker came up on the screen within the casket. I still have not gone back to watch it as I don't want to spoil the memory haha.

I was definitely drawn in by the characters for sure, loved the Bushwhackers, Doink, Undertaker and Crush :confused::pac:. Of course the Hitman was my hero at the time too!

My favourite champ is definitely Stone Cold. Kurt Angle a close second.

There's this old building just off South Main street in Cork that I would love to buy and turn into a live venue/bar. I'm completely obsessed with live music so would love to do it.

Outside of wrestling, MMA and Horse Racing and the two I'd follow most. I enjoy rugby too.

Book - Anything on Jack the Ripper, I love unsolved mysteries and crimes and this is probably my favourite one.

Album: Watch Out - Alexisonfire - My favourite band of all time. I try to follow their tours when I can and it's been great seeing them all over the world. I've struck up a good friendship with them and will be seeing them in London in a few weeks, can't wait!

Movie: Old Boy - a Korean movie about revenge. Was blown away when I first saw it and have seen it at least 100 times since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Omackeral wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying you live in Japan, or at least spend loads of time there. Tell us about that please!

You're right indeed! Lived there for 6 months last year and it was honestly the best thing I've ever done.

I went there with work for the first time in 2016 and absolutely fell in love with it. The people, the order and respect that goes with everything, the food, efficient transport, quirkiness and music scene. Decided I wanted to try living there for a while so put in a request with work and it was granted.

Had a ball over there, went to at least one wrestling show a week, got to meet lots of wrestlers out and about randomly. I joined a punk band also with a girl I dated there initially. Still play with them any time I head over but it was a great way to experience the country, touring all over when not working.

I look a little crazy with Wayne Static type hair which was hilarious in Japan, I got stopped for photos all the time but they were all so nice, I couldn't say no.

I met my current gf there and have been doing the long distance thing with us visiting each other every couple of weeks. She's keen to move to Ireland so she'll be moving here in 2 months time, super excited about that :D I found out after 6 months of dating that her family run Yomiuri Shimban, the biggest newspaper in the world and owners of the Tokyo Giants so have access to a corp box at Tokyo Dome whenever I want now which is insanely lucky!

I would strongly advise people to visit Japan once in their lives, it's seriously the best place I've ever been.

Advertisement