Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National College of Ireland

Options
  • 28-05-2018 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am looking to study psychology at NCI in September. I got 430 points so I don’t have enough for anywhere else. Does anyone know anything about the college or what it’s like to get into a masters and jobs after this course ? Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 theirishgirl

I am in the EXACT same position as you, I got 431 points in the LC last year and currently doing a course I hate so i’m looking into psychology in NCI. I went and met with a woman in NCI a few months ago and it seems like a great college. I don’t know much about the course but it is PSI accredited so it means you can on to study a masters without having to do a conversion course or anything i think! might see you in september!
    Liv24 wrote: »
    I am looking to study psychology at NCI in September. I got 430 points so I don’t have enough for anywhere else. Does anyone know anything about the college or what it’s like to get into a masters and jobs after this course ? Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Liv24

Noway! Yeah I’m not sure psychology is completely for me just as I’m unsure of what career path it would lead me down. I’ve only read good things about the college though

• Registered Users Posts: 25 theirishgirl

I’m doing arts in UCD and did psychology as my third subject and I have to say it’s very interesting if that’s any help to you! I’m unsure of what career path it would lead me either but i’m pretty sure you’d nearly have to do a masters if you’re looking to be a qualified psychologist, so it’ll take quite a few years in college to say the least!
    Liv24 wrote: »
    Noway! Yeah I’m not sure psychology is completely for me just as I’m unsure of what career path it would lead me down. I’ve only read good things about the college though

Advertisement