Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with the aggressive homeless peeps

Options
  • 28-05-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Having problems on my walk back to a Dublin city center car park after work from 8pm onwards with homeless people following me into the car park almost mugging me looking for money. Blocking my way, walking around me and being a complete nuisance!. Some just won't fck off so I can pay for my parking so I can go home.. Ain't taking my wallet out around them so I always carry change in my pocket ready to put in the machine. Same two homeless bums 3 or 4 days a week constantly swinging out of me.

What's the right way to deal with them? They don't fckn listen to me... When I mention there is cameras in the car park or mention the Gards to them it irritates them even more. Legging it away from them is the only way but I shouldn't have to do that.... What do you do? Are they scammers or what? I've not known Irish homeless people in around Dublin to be so aggressive before.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Nobody else form work goes your way, safety in numbers, or somewere else you can park or report to guards, might send a patrol round a couple of nights might put them off.

pay by card instead of cash in the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I don’t think theyre homeless people. Their most likely addicts of some sort drugs, alcohol, gambling or combinations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

The fella from the film American psycho had a great way to deal with them.

• Advertisement

Offer them a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Use a different mode of transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Change into homeless clothes when you leave work

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How do you know they are homeless?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

You need to view this as an employee health and safety issue and a public order issue. First of all the Gardai will do nothing unless a LOT of people using Dublin City centre car parks complain. Also your employer may be able to assemble a large number of complaints from you and other employees in his or her employ and make a complaint to the Gardai and the car park management.

If you work for a large company with a number of employees using the car park why not try an arrangement where you go to the car park together in packs. Beggars are cowards at heart and will not approach or intimidate groups.

Also non cash methods of payments, especially if you use the M50 easy pass thingy or the number plate recognition system or using your smart phone to pay car parking fees. This rules out having cash on you in view of the beggar.

Very good idea to have the price of the fee in a separate pocket so that the beggar is not tempted to push you over and run off with your entire wallet.
    Also have your card emergency numbers on speed dial as the tap and go cash cards can be used by ANYBODY if they steal your wallet.

If beggars are standing near paypoints complain immediately to Gardai as the beggars used to do this at LUAS stops and had to be moved on by LUAS security and Gardai. Cameras are installed at these points so as to make detection easier. I have told some of these to F**K off many times when using LUAS ticket machines, the beggars I mean not the LUAS security staff who are big handy muthas who'd take s**t from no one.............

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Don't drive and get the bus?

Change car parks?

Contact the Gardai each and every time?

Contact you local tds or those for that area.

Bring a can of lynx keep using it but be extremely bad at your aim.... ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I get a discount from my work parking at this place so these characters are causing me a financial burden if I use another car park where I don't get a discount. :/. I might ring the Gards and report them tommorow before I head out of work. I will walk with my camera on and record them and see if that make any difference and scares them away... I'll use an old phone in case the junkies try to take I from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Since no one else will say it....kick em in the balls!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Invite them to come and live with you. Then they can't claim to be homeless.

That'll learn 'em.

Contact zapone she thinks all them adults cough cough.... Kids she thinks in Calais are all poor little kids that need to be hugged and brought home here.
    She would be an ideal candidate to fix your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Wear a grey tracksuit and walk like you sh1t your pants back to the car and you'll be invisible to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

glasso wrote: »
    pay by card instead of cash in the car park

They're always one step ahead. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

MVrlpMO.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Best defence is offence. Get there before the bums and leave bottles of vodka lying around laced with strychnine.

Enjoy your hassle free walk to the car park.

• Advertisement
Advertisement