Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta bonnet won’t open

Options
  • 28-05-2018 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all, we are unable to open the bonnet on our 2005 Ford Fiesta.

We tried pulling the lever inside on the passenger side of the car but no joy, usually hear a noise and bonnet pops up but nothing.

Anyone any advice or rough idea cost to fix/repair this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi all, we are unable to open the bonnet on our 2005 Ford Fiesta.

We tried pulling the lever inside on the passenger side of the car but no joy, usually hear a noise and bonnet pops up but nothing.

Anyone any advice or rough idea cost to fix/repair this?

Did you unclip the bonnet(generally at front underneath of the bonnet) after pulling the lever?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get someone to push down on bonnet while pulling lever.

If not working cable has stretched or snapped.

If you have breakdown cover they will open it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

There’s a clip under the bonnet tried pulling it but no joy
    Did you unclip the bonnet(generally at front underneath of the bonnet) after pulling the lever?

Yeah we tried that this evening still no joy, oh yeah never thought of that we have AA breakdown, would they come out for that ye?
    Get someone to push down on bonnet while pulling lever.

If not working cable has stretched or snapped.

If you have breakdown cover they will open it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Have you opened it before? On other Fords of this era, the Ford badge swivels around and you use the key, not sure about the Fiesta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Have you opened it before? On other Fords of this era, the Ford badge swivels around and you use the key, not sure about the Fiesta.

No the fiesta is designed for left hand drive so on passengers side.

AA will open it in 2 minutes or less.

Just updating you all, I got the bonnet opened tonight, I did the press down at the front bonnet again while other person pulled the clip inside on passenger side, I mustn't have been doing it correctly yesterday.

It's opening done now, thanks everyone for your assistance.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

bri007 wrote: »
    Just updating you all, I got the bonnet opened tonight, I did the press down at the front bonnet again while other person pulled the clip inside on passenger side, I mustn't have been doing it correctly yesterday.

It's opening done now, thanks everyone for your assistance.

If that worked for you, the fix to help prevent it being a future problem will be to get some spray grease applied to the catch mechanism on the front rail, it's sticking, it should open without having to press down on the bonnet at the same time.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement