Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting head around finances

Options
  • 28-05-2018 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'll do my best to summarise and make this bearable to read. I've found myself completely lost, and the guidance counselors at my school don't help.

-I'll be getting the help of HEAR and SUSI at the special rate (5,915)
    -My accomodation will cost me 6,100 for the school year, which can be paid in two parts.
    -My tuition fee balance is 4,317 - does this get covered by "free fees"?
    -The student contribution is 3,000 - I know I have to pay this, but will SUSI cover it?
    -The only finance I have is coming from SUSI. I can get maybe a few hundred from parents, and plan on working all summer, though I'm not sure on how much I can save up.

How short of paying everything off do I end up falling? Should I get a student loan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hi unfortunately I don't have the answers but susi will. Why don't you give them a ring or contact them on messenger. They are quick to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Pucklexis wrote: »
    I'll do my best to summarise and make this bearable to read. I've found myself completely lost, and the guidance counselors at my school don't help.

-I'll be getting the help of HEAR and SUSI at the special rate (5,915)
    -My accomodation will cost me 6,100 for the school year, which can be paid in two parts.
    -My tuition fee balance is 4,317 - does this get covered by "free fees"? Assuming you're an EU citizen, never having been in college before, then your tuition will be paid under the Free Fees Initative.
    -The student contribution is 3,000 - I know I have to pay this, but will SUSI cover it? You've said above that you qualify for SUSI special rate, so they will pay your Student Contribution fee.
    -The only finance I have is coming from SUSI. I can get maybe a few hundred from parents, and plan on working all summer, though I'm not sure on how much I can save up.

How short of paying everything off do I end up falling? Should I get a student loan?

See my replies above. Save as much as you can all summer, and work part time during term time and you should be fine. Your maintenance from SUSI is only €200 short of your rent for the year.

Advertisement