Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Car Insurance for young driver

Options
  • 28-05-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

In your experience what was the best/cheapest insurance company to get insurance with? I've tried a few different companies (alianz, axa, chill, fbd and its4women) but i'm sick of filling out the same forms over and over again online. The cheapest quote i've gotten so far is €1,400 with its4women.ie. I'd say i'm not going to get much cheaper given my driving experience and type of car but if anyone has any other companies that are known to provide cheaper policies please let me know :)

I'm 24 year old female. I have 1 year no claims under my parent's insurance with a provisional license. I recently passed my driving test so i'll have a full license going into the new policy and my car is a 2011 Ford Focus 1.6 TDI. I'll also be the main policy holder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

In general either something like boxymo or liberty is cheapest for young drivers. When you are doing the quotes try adding your parents as named drivers as it will generally reduce the quote.

Also, when you are filling in the forms, you have one year's named driving experience, rather than one year's no claims bonus

Advertisement