Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Airlines to USA

Options
  • 28-05-2018 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, has anyone flown with United Airlines from Dublin to Orlando via Newark? Did you book directly with them or through a travel agents? Also can you book seats at time of booking, does it cost extra, thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP might be best to post this in the Travel section. This is Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Moved to travel

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

kinlou2 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone flown with United Airlines from Dublin to Orlando via Newark? Did you book directly with them or through a travel agents? Also can you book seats at time of booking, does it cost extra, thanks for your help

I have, I booked it through Expedia i done hotel and flights with them. I found them good to fly with and would use them again. I think they assign you a seat but if you want to change they will charge you.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Many airlines now charge extra to book seats in advance regardless if you book direct with the airline or through a third party. Better waiting until you can check in online (usually 24 hours before the flight) to not be charged extra.

United to Orlando via Newark is a very easy route change. When you arrive in Newark the plane to Orlando is probably just the next gate over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Used them a couple of times from Shannon to Orlando via Newark, I booked both times direct, seat selection was free, you do it as part of the booking procedure.
    They have good seatback in flight entertainment, as mentioned, you'll leave for Orlando from the same terminal you land from Ireland so it's really easy

From Shannon they fly at 9am which is great, usually land at MCO at 3.30pm, the EWR terminal C is now pretty much cashless so you'll need a debit or credit card for food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

Used them a couple of times from Shannon to Orlando via Newark, I booked both times direct, seat selection was free, you do it as part of the booking procedure.
    They have good seatback in flight entertainment, as mentioned, you'll leave for Orlando from the same terminal you land from Ireland so it's really easy

From Shannon they fly at 9am which is great, usually land at MCO at 3.30pm, the EWR terminal C is now pretty much cashless so you'll need a debit or credit card for food

I flew Dublin to Orlando last October and pretty much had the same experience. I didn't have high expectations but thought United were good and would use them again.

The cashless thing in Newark was a little frustrating alright, such a pain in the ar$e I had to go through to just get a slice of pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Haven't flown to Orlando with United Airlines, but have flown to America and transferred in Newark with them. Never had any issues and have used them a few times and always found them good. I usually select my seat for free when doing the online check in 24 hour before departure. As others have said typically you'll arrive and depart from same terminal, so you don't need to go through security again just walk to your connecting gate / walk around and get something to eat.

Advertisement