Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW Touaregs

Options
  • 28-05-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

What are peoples opinions on the VW Touareg?

Specifically the 2009-2010 3.0 V6 model

It seems like I'd be wise to steer well clear of the earlier 2.5 models but do the newer 3 litre models come with as many potential issues.....it would get normal use 10k miles a year and be expected to tow a fairly heavy load (2000-2500kg) 10/15 times a year.

I like the look of them and something like a hilux is out.

Are they finicky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

There have been some drive train problems I believe, around driveshafts. Repairs won't be cheap, but that comes with the territory for VW/Audi. Very smooth engine, and very comfortable. Well able for the towing. Have considered buying one before, just can't step away from the Toyota

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Go Buy the 5.0 V10 TDI, it'll pull a 747 (literally)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/touareg-5-0tdi-v10/18891371

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

Go Buy the 5.0 V10 TDI, it'll pull a 747 (literally)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/touareg-5-0tdi-v10/18891371

I was tempted tbh but reports of hideously expensive repairs with that engine crammed into the machine put me off ....think the engine has to be removed to do a lot of stuff with the machine.....could see labour costs being the stuff of nightmares ...as for finding someone that knows what they are doing with them .....

Also considered the later 4.2 v8.....it seems to be less of a potential moneypit

Advertisement