Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hertz car sales

Options
  • 28-05-2018 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

Looking for a used car, Hertz car sales in phibsborough have some cars up for sale at a good bit less than several other dealers for same make and model. Mileage isnt that much higher.

Im going to assume they're rentals.

Are they to be treated the same as any other garage as in warranty they should be offering? anything I should look out for with ex rentals different than any other car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭deletthis

They wont have had the same 'love' as a privately owned or even ex company car. No particular watch-outs that I'm aware of but these companies need to keep them on the road as much as possible & the high usage should be reflected in the price. Ex company car often a better bet as will often have been assigned to one driver rather for its life. Check out some of the lease companies for alternatives at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

To be fair rental cars are kept in good condition, the main worry would be clutch it could well have been treated like crap with so many different drivers, so you might want to budget a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

As above, I'm always hammering the clutch in rentals until I get used to it. In smaller cars I tend to rev the engine a bit too.

Advertisement