Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview (English section)

Options
  • 28-05-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

First time poster here ! I'm hoping to do the course in September and I'll be applying soon. I can see some feedback from people who have done the Irish part of the interview, can anyone give any feedback on any questions that were asked in the English part of the Primary teaching interview ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

Mine was about 3 years ago but from what I remember these were a few talking points.

Some of the questions are quite predictable anyway:
    Why do you want to become a teacher?
    What skills do you have that you think could help?
    Talk a bit about your previous degree and how you think that could help?
    Your thoughts on education/your time in school etc.
    Any jobs you worked that might help contribute to your role as a teacher?
    I believe they also gave me a situation in the classroom and how I might react to it.

I found the English section to be fine, it's a pretty laidback conversation and once you've given some thought into why you want to be a teacher and what skills you think you have that could help you should be fine.

Advertisement