Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CID Job change

Options
  • 27-05-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

My wife is a teacher with a CID in a secondary school approximately 40km away from where we live.

A job has been posted in a local school for the full 22 hours in her subject. The school is close to our home and would cut the commute to 5/10 minutes. It is obviously a one year contract but we know the job has become available due to a retirement.

There are obviously benefits to working locally including being more convenient for our kids going to school, reduced fuel bills and mileage on the car etc, but is it worth the risk of losing CID for 2 years?

I work in the private sector in a relatively stable job, however, we have kids and a mortgage and the risk is a worry.

In your experience do jobs posted due to retirement generally end being given CID or is this a risk that is not worth taking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

CIDs are worth nothing these days. Apply for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

CIDs are worth nothing these days. Apply for the job.

I don't really know why Slogo Brewer has posted this?

Yes this job is likely to become a full time job and she should get CID after her second year. I would go for it if it's a good school, but there is never a guarantee.

Advertisement