Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Car Problems

Options
  • 27-05-2018 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, just wondering has anyone had a problem with their steering after an NCT test?

I had my private Renault Traffic tested last Wednesday. Firstly it failed on the passenger dip beam light being too bright, which I found odd as I have never replaced that particular bulb and it passed the NCT last year with the same bulb.

Secondly, as soon as I left the centre I noticed a difference in the steering. It's like a delayed reaction when turning the wheel. I'm not sure if this is pure coincidence or not that this happened the day of the test or if they have in fact done something to the steering which I will not be able to prove now I guess....

Any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Fonthill?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clan9

verycool wrote: »
    Fonthill?

What's Fonthill?

Clan9 wrote: »
    What's Fonthill?

Sorry, just realised that's a testing centre.....no, mine was done in Kilkenny......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Clan9 wrote: »
    What's Fonthill?

Is it the NCT centre where the test was done ?.

Mine was done in Kilkenny....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Clan9 wrote:
    Firstly it failed on the passenger dip beam light being too bright, which I found odd as I have never replaced that particular bulb and it passed the NCT last year with the same bulb.

It's not the brightness of the bulb that failed it's the headlight alignment. You need to have them focussed.

Advertisement