Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In need of a single tench/

Options
  • 27-05-2018 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Not a big ask. I'm looking to reel in my first tench within an hours drive of Dublin.

I've fished an area out near Enfield that has 'reports' of tench, but for the last 2 years, Bream, roach and perch are the only species to be found on the float.

Between my mate and I, we must have 100+ landed and returned safely but not a single tench between us.

Just a Dublin lad with great respect for the well being of our national fish stock and the cleanliness of our waterways looking for a single tench to be found.

If I could get a notion of a stretch of canal to try I would be so grateful. PM or otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

You could try meadow lodge in Maynooth. I only fished it the once over 5 years ago, when it was under different management. Seems to be a good few tench. Its a commercial, not sure how much it costs.

In all honestly, nobody is going to give you a location in a canal where there are tench on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

You could try meadow lodge in Maynooth. I only fished it the once over 5 years ago, when it was under different management. Seems to be a good few tench. Its a commercial, not sure how much it costs.

In all honestly, nobody is going to give you a location in a canal where there are tench on a public forum.

Then a PM. I've been on the forum long enough like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If you drive it might be worth a trip up to Carrickmacross, there are loads of small lakes that hold Tench, sign up to the newsletter linked below and you should get some tips and ideas.

http://fishinginireland.info/news/category/coarse-reports/

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Slightly out of you 1 hour limit, but Lanesborough in Co. Longford is on fire with tench at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I fished enfield for tench too and did crap. I hooked one in five sessions, it used to be very good but some people have no respect. You should try Templemore lake in Tipperary, its a club water, they charge a tenner to fish it. theres some cracking tench in there. Its easy fishing too but the tench are a good size and can be weedy so expect to lose a few. check them out on facebook and give yer them a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Thank the good Lord!!!! Finally

452126.jpeg

Advertisement