Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Logic boil not firing up

Options
  • 27-05-2018 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Good morning,
    Last night i went to put the heating on as it got a bit chilly.
    I hit boost on the Hive system and nothing started on the boiler but it was ok during the week as was useing it to heat hot water. The gauge is reading 1.5 bar so i pressed the Reset button on the front of the boiler, i assume it goes through its own checks then i hit boost and nothing from the boiler. Any ideas what it could be? Its only a new boiler fitted last April.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Any warning lights/numbers on the boiler?
    Also, on Hive Receiver was the central heating button solid green or flashing green? (not the top power light)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

what number or letter is on the boiler display

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Sorry i should have posted it there is 00 on the display. The central heating on the reciever is a solid green.

0 on the display means boiler is waiting for a 'call for heat' , solid green on the Hive receiver is a 'call for heat'

Is you Hive dual zone (separate heat/hot water) if so, what happens when you call for hot water?

Was Hive installed with the boiler, or as an add on? and if so did the installer remove to old room thermostat (if you had one) and if it is still there, is it turned up fully

DGOBS wrote: »
    0 on the display means boiler is waiting for a 'call for heat' , solid green on the Hive receiver is a 'call for heat'

Is you Hive dual zone (separate heat/hot water) if so, what happens when you call for hot water?

Was Hive installed with the boiler, or as an add on? and if so did the installer remove to old room thermostat (if you had one) and if it is still there, is it turned up fully

Its dual system HW and Heating. It was an add on.
    A week or so ago i asked was it ok to remove the EPH thermostat from the hall and i was told i can so the wires for the thermostat are on a connector block behind that is tapped up and i have the Hive in that location now.

• Advertisement

aha, the NO and Common wires from that thermostat need to be joined together, there's your problem.

All good now. Cheers.
    The pressure gauge is hitting the 2 mark, is that an issue?

2 is ok when under full load hot, if your getting over 2.5 you may have an expansion issue developing

Advertisement