Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for cannabis legalization.

Options
  • 26-05-2018 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

After the great result today i think its time that we focus on legalizing weed for medical and recreational use, When you think of ireland as being a modern country we were always about 10 years behind other places, We are finally starting to get their now, Theirs more pro's then cons when you think about legalizing weed not to forget the profit to be made its big business and would really benefit the country.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I'd fully support full legalisation of the Bud and I feel we're closer now than ever before.
    Once the medical access is sorted out and shown to have no detrimental effect on the patients I think there'll be some serious progress made in getting recreational use sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Yeah because right to get stonned is comparable to right to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

meeeeh wrote: »

Thou shall have the right to choose to be stoned or not

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

meeeeh wrote: »

Always happens.. It's the next step to show how progressive we are :rolleyes: even though the two issues are in no way related or comparable. Was the same post SSM referendum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Is there a competition to come up with next referendum topic that I missed, as this must be the tenth such thread today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is there a competition to come up with next referendum topic that I missed, as this must be the tenth such thread today?

Get rid of the Angelus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I'd fully support full legalisation of the Bud and I feel we're closer now than ever before.
    Once the medical access is sorted out and shown to have no detrimental effect on the patients I think there'll be some serious progress made in getting recreational use sorted
    detrimental effects, its like overdoing alcohol or smoking - some 20-10 years down the road get sick etc, while others abuse it all life and are grand, its not evil or bad stuff compared to alcohol, but were still about 10 years away until most of eu will rip the band on it off cant expect here anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

kneemos wrote: »
    Get rid of the Angelus.

Noo! That's God telling us our responsibilities are done for the day and it's now time to light up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Repeal the Shmoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

First the baby.
    Now the bathwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

How do edibles compare to smoking it? I wouldn't be into smoking it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Abz26 wrote: »
    After the great result today i think its time that we focus on legalizing weed for medical and recreational use, When you think of ireland as being a modern country we were always about 10 years behind other places, We are finally starting to get their now, Theirs more pro's then cons when you think about legalizing weed not to forget the profit to be made its big business and would really benefit the country.

To the best of my knowledge, we are not able to legalise it (no EU country can), but we can decriminalise it (like the Netherlands).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Probably happen within next five years

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Best of luck getting potheads to march. Maybe if they hold them at 11pm when they get out of bed you might have a shot. The march route can be from their house to the chipper for munchy food.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

mzungu wrote: »
    Best of luck getting potheads to march. Maybe if they hold them at 11pm when they get out of bed you might have a shot. The march route can be from their house to the chipper for munchy food.

Easy to get them to msrch, just attach a packet of Skips or Meanies to the end of a broom handle and they will follow you anywhere.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

mzungu wrote: »

Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha. Cannabis users are lazy and unproductive unhealthy eaters. I will add that it is often said they don't bathe regularly!

Hahahahahahahaha. Potheads indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

testicles wrote: »
    Cannabis is not banned through the constitution, so there'll be no referendum on it.

How could it be made legal for recreational purposes? Would it just take a vote in the Dail?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

When was cannibis unlegalised in Ireland and for what reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cannabis is being used in this country even tough it's illegal.
    People shouldn't have to travel to use it legally.
    Cannabis should be legalised so it can be pass safety tests so people have access to safe cannabis.
    Not everybody will use but those who do should have the choice without being prosecuted or shamed!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

It should be legal. You can't die directly from overdosing on cannabis, unlike alcohol, cocaine and heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Easy to get them to msrch, just attach a packet of Skips or Meanies to the end of a broom handle and they will follow you anywhere.

eh....no

H6Tf8YW2Dtnb1angiZTGrHytHZP41NCT8gB6tK4TVNuHROQG60NlDRMpk68wmXE2iBDOqpgBElCOmZ0i8Tl2Wjg=s350

Advertisement