Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draper Expert VDE Screwdriver - Mr. Price

Options
  • 26-05-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭

Noticed individual Draper vde screwdrivers in Mr. Price today for €1.49 each. Was tempted to pick up a few, but I wasn't sure whether they were the real deal or knockoffs.

Anybody got any insight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Look like the real deal. I picked up 6 different ones for under 9 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

woodturner wrote: »
    Look like the real deal. I picked up 6 different ones for under 9 euro

Thanks for the reply wood Turner, will do the same myself so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

im not sure i would put my life on them . a proper set would only be 20-30 euro and would last 10 years if used properly

im not sure i would put my life on them . a proper set would only be 20-30 euro and would last 10 years if used properly

Do you think they may be knockoffs, or do you just not rate Draper tools

cletus wrote: »

Draper is OK brand. Not rubbish but not high end either.
    I have some draper stuff and it's fine for the few times I use them . Maybe once a year type tool s

I'm a bit harsh on them . They must meet the specs.
    It's just for the sake of 10 to 15 Euro more you could have a wera

I'm a little more cautious since I cut through a 32 amp welding cable with a snips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

They're decent, personally wouldn't use them if I ever had to work live (not that you should ever really have too, especially if you're not qualified/trained). But for odd jobs around the house like changing sockets and switches they'll be more than adequate.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    They're decent, personally wouldn't use them if I ever had to work live (not that you should ever really have too, especially if you're not qualified/trained). But for odd jobs around the house like changing sockets and switches they'll be more than adequate.

See, this would be my level of use. I never work live, and I know I could just use normal screwdrivers, but it's new tools, and cheap too :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

cletus wrote:

I bought 3. Very good value, look like the real thing to me . Very few of the popular sizes left though. Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

What ones are you after? They may have them where I got mine. Think I could be missing one or two sizes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's just for the sake of 10 to 15 Euro more you could have a wera

For the sake of 10 times the price like!

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    For the sake of 10 times the price like!

you can buy the 7 piece set for 29 99. most of the time. cheaper in those christmass offer sheets
    i know i have 3 sets of them

you can even get a wiha set online for 25.

you are comparing 10-12 for a set of bad screw drivers versus 20 euro more or great ones that will last years

Advertisement