Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 5 Series (F10) faulty door unlock

Options
  • 26-05-2018 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hello

I have my doors set to auto lock after drive off in my car. Yesterday evening, as a passenger tried to exit, the door wouldn't open at all. I tried pressing the button in the centre console and all locks open except the left front passenger door, it just clicks a few times. Has anyone had this issue before?

Hopefully it's not another overly expensive job just because of the brand of the car.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Alerium wrote: »
    Hello

I have my doors set to auto lock after drive off in my car. Yesterday evening, as a passenger tried to exit, the door wouldn't open at all. I tried pressing the button in the centre console and all locks open except the left front passenger door, it just clicks a few times. Has anyone had this issue before?

Hopefully it's not another overly expensive job just because of the brand of the car.

Thanks all.

That will be the door lock. Have done a few one of the problems on the f10.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Alerium

Bmw123d wrote: »
    That will be the door lock. Have done a few one of the problems on the f10.

Is it pricey to get fixed?

Is it pricey to get fixed?

Eh it’s a couple of quid alright 350 euro ish if I remember correctly. But then again it’s a bmw. Just be glad it’s not the central locking control module and then needs to b coded

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Alerium

Bmw123d wrote: »
    Eh it’s a couple of quid alright 350 euro ish if I remember correctly. But then again it’s a bmw. Just be glad it’s not the central locking control module and then needs to b coded

That’s pretty pricey alright. Thanks

That’s pretty pricey alright. Thanks

Handy job tho for any one who’s done them. Wouldn’t be bringing it to a main dealer tho. The price isn’t bad considering the price of the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some people tend to forget or not undestand that a 50k car is still a 50k to fix whether it costs a fraction of that to buy years later or not.

As I said u buy a bmw u expect to pay top dollar for parts it’s just how it is. We also do Mercedes and land rover and trust me everything u have to buy on any of those is going to cost u a thousand euro. I’m actually in the middle of doing a Mercedes timing chain at the min. The price has risen quid considerably because the to cam shafts also need gears because the chain wore into them. Had to call the owner to explain and clearly got him the best price of 760 each that’s 1500euro for two gears. This guy is a solicitor and drives a Mercedes so he understands that parts are expensive granted having the job to back it up.

I guess my point is. U Cabe buy a car like a f10 and if a door lock is costing 300 and odd quid expect that it’s going to be cheap never ever going to happen. Just because the value of the car is going down doesn’t mean the price of parts do to.

Advertisement