Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business use insurance on private car

Options
  • 26-05-2018 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Does anyone know of an insurance company or broker that deals offers a private car policy with business use?

I've tried a few and they don't offer it or are exorbitantly expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's different classes of 'business use', the most expensive is for cover for a sales job. I got non-sales business cover from Axa, I had to stipulate that I was not in a sales job, only occasionally used the car for business and did not carry good or samples and they gave it to me for free. My cert stated that I was covered for 'use in connection with the insured's trade or employment as last advised to the company'.

Your employer may insist that your policy indemnifies them so check if you can get that as well. You ask for 'with indemnity for my employer'.

If your job is sales then you will have to bite the bullet, it will cost you. If its not sales then tell them that and ask for cover for 'restricted business use'.

Advertisement