Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling oven - Electrician requried

Options
  • 26-05-2018 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I'm selling my kitchen and including my oven. It will be another 2-3 weeks before we get our new kitchen (including new oven) installed.

Do I need to get an electrician in to disconnect the old oven? Can the connection be temporarily covered for safety?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

Quick disconnect for any electrician, expect to pay average €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

You can do it yourself. Just watch a YouTube video and turn off the electricity.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

Check your oven a lot of ovens come with a 13amp 3 pin plug now, just a matter of unplugging. Job done

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Not a difficult task.
    This can be disconnected by a competent person, not necessarily an electrician. The trick is to make sure that the power is off when disconnecting. It would be best to put the end of the cable into a junction box afterwards.

Generally speaking a handyman or electrical apprentice would be able to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Dark sun wrote: »
    Check your oven a lot of ovens come with a 13amp 3 pin plug now, just a matter of unplugging. Job done

Thanks. the oven is a Bosch and only 3 years old, so I'll check out if it has this plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

chewed wrote: »
    Thanks. the oven is a Bosch and only 3 years old, so I'll check out if it has this plug.

According to this site, does this indicate that it's not a 3 pin plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

chewed wrote: »
    According to this site, does this indicate that it's not a 3 pin plug?

Fixed connection is probably a junction box type connector on the rear of the oven.

It could still be OK, depends how the electrician connected it to the house supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Jimmy Dags wrote:
    Quick disconnect for any electrician, expect to pay average €150.

Call out and 15-20 mins work? Good pay for any industry id say

Advertisement