Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Halls - - Modern Apartments

Options
  • 25-05-2018 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all! 
    I am expecting to live in Trinity Halls Modern Apartments for my first year at TCD this upcoming fall. There are not a lot of pictures on the internet, so I was wondering if anyone had any good links for photos, or any insightful information from having lived there yourself. 
    Thankful for any and all help, 
    Devin :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nicole_29

Hey! Congrats and welcome to Trinity!

I'm an incoming 2nd year this fall and I was in halls in my first year. I'm had an ensuite room in an apartment with 5 other girls. Depending which apartment you get, you can be with just 3 other people or even in a mixed apartment. Generally, the rooms are pretty spacious - single bed with storage, desk with storage, your actual wardrobe, and your bathroom. Gotta be honest, the bathroom is pretty small, the shower is literally just a corner with a shower curtain to cover you. I've heard a lot of stories of people's bathrooms flooding and the water flowing out to the carpet outside. But then again, it's not that bad. Even in twin rooms, the room is pretty big and I don't think you'll feel very claustrophobic. Although, in shared rooms, the bathroom is the same size as the ensuite one.

Kitchen & living room wise, I was really lucky to be placed in an apartment with a bigger size kitchen/living room. It just really depends on what apartment you get. You get a lot of storage - I mean in our apartment of 5 (other 1 had a 'disabled' room and she basically had her small kitchen and living room because of her strong food allergies), we all had our own cupboard for food.

I would suggest you to really stalk the trinity accommodation website, that's what I did last year before going and it really helped a lot in terms of what to bring or what additional things to buy. Transport wise, I don't think a lot of people knew this before going to halls but halls is actually not on campus. its about 45 mins walk, 20 mins bus ride, or 18 mins ride on the luas to college.

I'd talk about the JCR and JCR events but I think I'd leave that for you to discover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 usa2irl

Thank you for all that helpful information! I'm really excited to join Halls now and even more curious to see which room I get. :)

Advertisement