Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car private sale

Options
  • 25-05-2018 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am buying a car today private sale.

Just quick question, it’s been a long time since I have bought a car so probably a silly question but do I get the log book when I am buying it or does the seller send that into the tax office?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am buying a car today private sale.

Just quick question, it’s been a long time since I have bought a car so probably a silly question but do I get the log book when I am buying it or does the seller send that into the tax office?

The seller sends it to Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for the reply. How do make sure he does this, and say for instance I buy the car and he reports that I took it or he has another key and takes it, what come back do I have?

Sorry I’m totally a newbie when it comes to all this
    JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The seller sends it to Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bring an addressed envelope with you and once you have signed and dated it, both of you go to your nearest postbox and drop it in.

Advertisement