Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.5 dci engines for commute

Options
  • 24-05-2018 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Anyone able to vouch for these engines. I know luck plays a part but I commute 800km per week and am getting either a qashqai or dacia duster. I drive 50/50 motorway and back roads. Anyone with mechanical know how able to recommend them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭BrianD3

410k kms on my Megane Mk3, no engine problems at all, original turbo/injectors/fuel pump/EGR etc.

No DPF on mine and I think no DMF so have no personal experience of their reliability. I do know lots of owners with various versions of the 1.5 DCi including ones with DPFs and haven't heard any complaints.

The early version of the engine could give big problems but the engine has been around so long that that is well over 10 years ago now.

If buying a used Duster check that it isn't one of the ones affected by rust.

if buying a new Duster there is a facelifted one coming soon which looks better and is a bit safer than the current model.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Toplink wrote:
    Good news all round as it should prevent heat pumps going into houses that can't retain sufficient heat.

Toplink wrote:
    House is coming in around 2.03 which is will fail the application process. Getting them below this means either either an air tightness test result below 7 m3/hr/m2, failing that they are looking at dry lining or a window upgrade which is cost prohibitive.

Driving a 1.5 kadjar 1300km a week. No issues. Driving a EDC sweet. Can be a little in the high revs in gear 1 changing to gear 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Never mind the engine the thoughts of doing 800 km per week in a Duster would unsettle me a bit. Make sure you get an extended test drive of one first because the suspension is quite primitive on them so they won't be the most comfortable of cars for such a commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,677 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bazz26 wrote: »
    Never mind the engine the thoughts of doing 800 km per week in a Duster would unsettle me a bit. Make sure you get an extended test drive of one first because the suspension is quite primitive on them so they won't be the most comfortable of cars for such a commute.

Nor the most fuel effecient due to the shape..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

soundman45 wrote: »
    Anyone able to vouch for these engines. I know luck plays a part but I commute 800km per week and am getting either a qashqai or dacia duster. I drive 50/50 motorway and back roads. Anyone with mechanical know how able to recommend them?

Why going for Crossover? a car would be better suites....because of the height/design of the Crossover you will be restricted on what MPG you can get....

A diesel car would be more aerodynamic.....

Anything really would be better than a Duster.,......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,678 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A Kia Sportage is very economical and reliable. They are very well equipped too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

I can vouch for these engines as my wife and I have them in our cars, hers is a Megane 1.5DCI 85 and regularly gets 1000km per tank, mine is a Fluence 1.5DCI 110 and get 900+km per tank.

Servicing costs are ok, get ours done at a main Renault dealer, 20k km between servicing.
    We have both now nearly a year and no trouble with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Thanks guys. Am getting a qashqai with 50k on clock plenty of them online with big mileage done so I'm happy to go with one.

Advertisement