Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marking exams and Working part-time

Options
  • 24-05-2018 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I have recently been offered a part-time job for the summer. I applied to mark exams a while ago and was wondering if i get accepted can i work during the weekends and correct or is that not allowed?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You might be able to manage it for the shorter JC papers but it wouldn't be possible for the longer papers (or LC), with the deadlines to be met. I think there may be a clause somewhere about giving it your full attention.

I think you should have heard by now if you are examining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭C__MC

Its a no go for me.
    The marking is savagely intense-your constantly phoning your examiner doing rechecks and marking as fair as you can. Youll be posting quite a bit as well. Its basically a seven day a week job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

You are required to give the marking your full attention for the 26 days - it's what you sign up for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I'd say it's doable... if you have zero commitments during weekdays (I.e. someone else to feed and clothe you and a room on your own with no distractions).
    You'd probably still have to do a bit on the weekends though, especially if you're making mistakes and need to go back through and double check or re-mark.

Advertisement