Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get on subbing list

Options
  • 23-05-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭

Hi im a newly qualified secondary teacher. i will be finished PME/Hdip now at the end of the year (May 2018). Just applying for jobs at the min. but how do I get myself on a sub list for schools to get me if they need classes covered, even if not in my subjects. Just dont want to waste a year if no jobs come up. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Hand your cv into the local secondary schools. Try to give it to the principal or deputy if possible as one of them (probably the deputy) will be the one looking for the subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Brilliant that's what I was thinking. That's what I did to get placement schools for the dip, and it worked very well. You really cant beat going into schools in person and trying to get talking to the deputy or principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The individual ETBs usually have their own substitute panel list which you apply during the sumer eg http://www.etbjobs.ie/index.cfm/section/job_results/
    There's lmetb for this year's, new one not up yet. CMETB usually advertise there too. Then there's vecvacancies.ie and then the rest advertise individually.

Advertisement