Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does an IVF Cycle process take?

Options
  • 23-05-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

We have an appointment with a fertility clinic next week. Could someone please advise me how long does an IVF process take. It looks like I am fine (Female) but my husband has a very low sperm count. Is the ivf process 4 weeks in total? Will I need to take a lot of time off work? I work 1.5 hours from the clinic and I think I might struggle getting time off work. Also I really don't want to tell my work colleagues what I am doing :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hey, there is no one answer really. It depends from couple to couple, and cycles can be cancelled for lots of reasons.

Personally, my IVF cycle took about 4 weeks, but I know of people having longer cycles.

You will need to attend for a few scans at the start of the cycle to check the progression of your eggs.

Then you will need to attend the clinic for the egg harvesting.

Once the eggs are harvested and fertilized (all going well!) you will need to attend the clinic again for implantation.

I took the day of the egg harvesting and the day of implantation off, and I did my scans early in the morning before going to work. I know some people take more time off, but I felt I didn't need it as I didn't find the meds, or the procedure, difficult to handle. It varies hugely between people though so you won't really know until you start.

Advertisement