Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

4x4 recommendations

Options
  • 22-05-2018 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭

Myself and herself drive currently an avensis (great reliable machine) , anyway with two young kids we are looking at a 4x4 as roads are small and narrow, better vision and some light trailer work as I am a farmer. Roads are poor especially In winter here and steep. If we have another child in the future as well. I really like the new landcruiser as I had a 07 commercial before. X5 I like also. Price 15 to 20 k I was thinking. The tax seems crazy on all these models.. also can 3 kids be seated in the same row ifykwim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I think you will struggle to get a jeep with space to take three child seats across the back.

A multimac might help extend your range though so it’s worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 James128890

I would probably go with the landcruiser I think it’s a nicer Jeep imo and it will be better for the winter and off-road as it has low box 4 wheel drive and the BMW X5 has only a electric 4 wheel drive. And the tax should only be 333 for the year you can buy crewcabbed conversions factory made so its a 5 seater and you will have commercial tax look in the commercial section of DoneDeal and not cars. BMW X5 cost a fortune to run as I own 2007 x5 and it drinks diesel I’ve owned a lot of jeeps over the years and this is by far the worst for keeping diesel in it. Would you go for a Toyota hilux or a Ford ranger there both nice jeeps. and also 3 kids can be seated on the same row very easily as I’ve got 4 and my x5 is the daily driver could never understand the people who had 2 children and make out they need a 7 seater cause they can’t fit kids in their ordinary car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Would a disco commercial be got for that with the 5 seats? Could be wrong but it think they have big seats so may fit 3 across in boosters etc? Landcruseirs or pajeros as well. The crewcab pickups seem to have small cabs but may suit, altho I've only been in older ones if doing a lot of driving some of the seating positions are uncomfortable enough in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Depending on mileage requirement it might be worth looking at second hand Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.....4 wheel drive and if loads of short trips then the PHEV is perfect

I bought 4 seater multimac and got installed. It is perfect, what ages are your children?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Landcruiser out of that bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

because the roads are small and narrow you want to get a Landcruiser? <feeling sorry for all other road users near you;)>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Another vote for the landcruiser. They are the best jeep of the lot when it comes to reliable motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Another vote for the landcruiser. They are the best jeep of the lot when it comes to reliable motoring.
    Can't argue with any of that in fairness and it's certainly the one I'd be looking at but I can't help but feel this is tremendous value and would suit your needs.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/ssangyong/rexton/used-2014-142-ssangyong-rexton-2-0-rx-westmeath-fpa-6918770971401279397?SOURCE_ID=SOURCE_ID_FPA_FROM_FEAT_LIST

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Ya two kids 3 yrs old, feck I want to drive in style the cruiser is what I'm thinking also not many of the new models in the country so should hold value.. Thanks for advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Have a test drive in a Vw Touareg before buying a landcruiser.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

Neighbour has a quashqai serious tool, regularly pulls 2 Tonne in tipper trailor.

Advertisement