Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda 50 headlight

Options
  • 22-05-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm refurbishing a Honda 50 and wiring it at the moment. Everything is lighting up except I can't get the headlight working. Question is, does the bike need to be running for the headlight to light up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

6V battery, not sure.

Have you checked the circuit with a meter? Tried another bulb?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Noodle Scratcher

Esel wrote: »
    6V battery, not sure.

Have you checked the circuit with a meter? Tried another bulb?

Yeah the bulb is good.The main harness wiring continuity is too. Problem is, the wire colours from the handlebar switch don't add up to any diagrams I can find. It'll just be trial and error I suppose. Thanks for reply.

Just an update for anyone with the same problem.. the bike needs to be running for the headlight to work.

Another update..

The headlight was missing a earth/ground wire. I fitted that, and she lit up.

Advertisement