Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf clutch start

Options
  • 22-05-2018 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

So I accidentally left the lights on in the car for a few hours and now the car won't start unless I put my foot down on the clutch. Do I need to charge up the battery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

So I accidentally left the lights on in the car for a few hours and now the car won't start unless I put my foot down on the clutch. Do I need to charge up the battery?

No all vw require u to put ur foot on the clutch to start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Bmw123d wrote: »
    No all vw require u to put ur foot on the clutch to start it.

Not true. All stop start models do AFAIK. I've a GTI and don't need to put foot on clutch

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Moanin wrote: »
    Not true. All stop start models do AFAIK. I've a GTI and don't need to put foot on clutch

Well if that’s the case maybe 90 percent of them do. Any one I ever worked on required u to press the clutch to start them.

Moanin wrote: »

is it a DSG :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

My 2005 Passat needs the foot on the clutch to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Yes it is but I had a manual one (MK4) and never needed to put foot on clutch!

2011 mk6 golf, need to clutch to get it to start

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

DSG requires a break pedal to start:)

Advertisement