Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car worth

Options
  • 22-05-2018 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

I have an 05 bmw 316i , tested until september no tax.

Needs a few bits , passenger window wont go down , needs a rear shock and 2 tires.

Realistically what should i advertise it for for a quick sale?

Its a nice looking car and its in decent enough condition

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

E46 1997-2005 or E90 2005+ shape?

I think €1250 if it’s an e90 and €900 if it’s an e46

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

colm_mcm wrote: »
    E46 1997-2005 or E90 2005+ shape?

I think €1250 if it’s an e90 and €900 if it’s an e46

Its an e46 im nearly sure. You reckon it's worth 900 even though it needs those jobs done ?

Its advertised for 800 with ages and not one view

They’re a 1.8? Maybe €900 is a bit strong.
    Link to the ad?

They’re a 1.8? Maybe €900 is a bit strong.
    Link to the ad?

Yes 1.8 il try link the add there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Young lads can't get insured on them.
    I do like my old beemers I've an 06 buts it's a 6 cylinder 5 series sport with a heap of spec. And it's still worth feck all.

Yours is a 1.6, probably without many extras as base engines tend to be, pretty undesirable to the likes of anyone that still has fondness for older nice spec cars the jobs that need doing could double the price of that car easily. I've budgeted 1000 a year to keep mine in good shape and running well and I've been lucky not to have many non routine costs.

Just start dropping price to see if you can generate interest but it's not the cost of the car that's holding back buyers it's the cost of insuring and maintaining them, even if its in pretty good nick.

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/15324481

I actially dropped the price yesterday to 750

Young lads can't get insured on them.
    I do like my old beemers I've an 06 buts it's a 6 cylinder 5 series sport with a heap of spec. And it's still worth feck all.

Yours is a 1.6, probably without many extras as base engines tend to be, pretty undesirable to the likes of anyone that still has fondness for older nice spec cars the jobs that need doing could double the price of that car easily. I've budgeted 1000 a year to keep mine in good shape and running well and I've been lucky not to have many non routine costs.

Just start dropping price to see if you can generate interest but it's not the cost of the car that's holding back buyers it's the cost of insuring and maintaining them, even if its in pretty good nick.

Its a 1.8 and its actually nippy enough but ya i get what your saying, maybe il drop it another 50 and hopefully it gains sone interest. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

rottie 11 wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/15324481

I actially dropped the price yesterday to 750
    Horrendous photos in fairness and no interior pics. Maybe get a better camera.

Horrendous photos in fairness and no interior pics. Maybe get a better camera.

the absolute state of those pics:D
    no wonder it wont shift.

I wouldn't make a good photographer then haha ? Nah seriously though , what am i doing wrong with the photos?

• Advertisement

They’re taken in portrait mode. The pic showing the HIDs will probably put people off, as would the number plates.

They’re taken in portrait mode. The pic showing the HIDs will probably put people off, as would the number plates.

How do you mean potrait mode ? I just used the standard camera on my phone. Yes i have to change the plates back to the standard ones

How do you mean potrait mode ? I just used the standard camera on my phone. Yes i have to change the plates back to the standard ones

7535_A9_A8-_ACA5-41_BD-8_F93-52_FD49055994.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Take the car out of the driveway. Turn the phone sideways. Fill the frame or crop and edit to fill. Have the sun at your back but don't include your shadow. Take some interior shots. Failing that ask someone else to take them for you. It looks clean enough. It should sell at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

7535_A9_A8-_ACA5-41_BD-8_F93-52_FD49055994.jpg

LOL, that's good.

Ok cheers for all your help , im gonna go on a mission now to get better photos ha

Ok cheers for all your help , im gonna go on a mission now to get better photos ha

Wait till tomorrow unless you find a sunny spot.
    Dont take pics in half shade

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

Park it near some grass. The black on black does not look good.
    Focus by tapping on the image on your phone. A yellow box should appear.
    The phone will try to light up certain areas if you tap on them on your screen.
    Focussing will help in the interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Shiny car on wet driveway.....just washed?
    Maybe take a picture with little distraction behind it ...like at the edge of a park with plenty of green in the background which may bring out the colour of the car....open door view....dash pic with mileage...seats...
    Tax is a killer so it'll cost more to run than buy!
    I've an 02 Passat going green outside as no one wants them!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Put ad on donedeal.

As mentioned better photos.

State all the good things like, nct, service, low mileage if it is etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Definitely pictures. Went out for a dog walk there and a nice 2004 e46 drove past me, looked classy still to this day. Was a sport model though which does significantly help BMWs stay looking relatively fresh even when they shouldn't.

Cheers for all the comments lads , much appreciated.

I took some new photos and updated the add, feel free to critic them ha

Il get more better ones tomorrow while the sun is out. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Do you know anyone with a smartphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

You advert says it's NCT-ed till May 2018, not September.

Forget Adverts.ie, put it on DoneDeal.ie.

Can you not mention some kind of service history, or what stuff you've had done to the car?

I'd be more specific about what needs to be done on the car, rather than the vague statement you currently have.

fatbhoy wrote: »
    You advert says it's NCT-ed till May 2018, not September.

Forget Adverts.ie, put it on DoneDeal.ie.

Can you not mention some kind of service history, or what stuff you've had done to the car?

I'd be more specific about what needs to be done on the car, rather than the vague statement you currently have.

Theres no service history but i did service it once since i had it. Yes il update the add properly tomorro and throw it on done deal aswel

I dont know why it keeps changing the nct to may , i keep changing it and it just automatically changes it back to may itself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

External photos should show all 4 corners. To be honest it's gonna be a though sell with short tests. There's a few up on done deal with ncts into 2019 that have been up for a while. Price varies from 750 to 1500. There's no market for these. The only e46s that look like selling in any way are coupes. (A few have cropped up my way lately). Can you possibly glue the back doors shut? :p

Advertisement