Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Yaris start engine problem

Options
  • 22-05-2018 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi My name is Katarzyna. I have a big problem with my car toyota yaris 1.4 d 4 d 90 hp, problem start engine and lost the Check engine light and also glow plug light, 

there is not communication with ECU,  Mechanic Checked the car  with the wiring diagram and he doesnt found the problem ,maybe somobody had this problem and can  help me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

hi My name is Katarzyna. I have a big problem with my car toyota yaris 1.4 d 4 d 90 hp, problem start engine and lost the Check engine light and also glow plug light, 

there is not communication with ECU,  Mechanic Checked the car  with the wiring diagram and he doesnt found the problem ,maybe somobody had this problem and can  help me

Have the fuses been checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 katarzyna89

Yes of course

In the car is not comunnication With ECU And he Lost the check engine light And he wont start

In the car is not comunnication With ECU And he Lost the check engine light And he wont start

Can diagnostics connect with the ecu via the obd port?

Has he tried resetting the leads connecting to the ecu itself?

this is not possible because any no diagnostic computer is able to connect to the ECU

• Advertisement

this is not possible because any no diagnostic computer is able to connect to the ECU

If it was me I'd be double checking that ecu fuse and resetting the leads going to it if that failed.
    Failing all of that I'd be inspecting the wiring looms for any damage.
    Did he verify that the ecu is actually getting power with a multi meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Do any dash lights appear at all?

How was the car driving before this?

Fuses and connections check a must.

This problem
    Started I think around one year ago , first time he doesn’t start for first time later this problem
    Was maybe one or to in the months , later was more often sometimes I wait 15 minutes or more Car start only when I see the glow plug lights and two month ago he started last time ! I was on two workshops with this car and they don’t fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Bring the ECU to be tested. Mine was on the way out like yours . Would randomly cut out unless the revs were kept high. There are a few places that remanufacture them.

Advertisement