Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of call?

Options
  • 22-05-2018 11:57am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭


    Can you please  confirm the cost of an evening off peak call from landline to landline (national call) with duration of 1h, 10m, 12s. Bear in mind that the first hour is free. Thanks 


Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey


    muffler wrote: »
    Can you please  confirm the cost of an evening off peak call from landline to landline (national call) with duration of 1h, 10m, 12s. Bear in mind that the first hour is free. Thanks 
    Hi muffler, 

    Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

    You can view the pricing for a national call here This advises you on all

    Thanks 

    Tracey 


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    Thanks Tracey.

    So the national evening rate cost is 9 cents per minute for out of bundle plan. Then there's a 29 cents set up cost if that actually applies seeing as it is a continuation of the first one hour free call. My call lasted 70 minutes and 10 seconds with the first 60 minutes free therefore I should be billed for 10 mins and 11 secs. According to your T & C's the calls are rounded up to the higher minute therefore I should be billed for a 11 minute call at 9 cents per minute.

    I was actually billed €1.54 for this so can you explain the reason for this please?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey


    muffler wrote: »
    Thanks Tracey.

    So the national evening rate cost is 9 cents per minute for out of bundle plan. Then there's a 29 cents set up cost if that actually applies seeing as it is a continuation of the first one hour free call. My call lasted 70 minutes and 10 seconds with the first 60 minutes free therefore I should be billed for 10 mins and 11 secs. According to your T & C's the calls are rounded up to the higher minute therefore I should be billed for a 11 minute call at 9 cents per minute.

    I was actually billed €1.54 for this so can you explain the reason for this please?
    No problem. 

    Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll clarify this for you. 

    Thanks 

    Tracey 


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    Just sent a PM there Tracey but you really should be able to confirm the cost in the public forum here as there is no personal details involved.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood


    muffler wrote: »
    Just sent a PM there Tracey but you really should be able to confirm the cost in the public forum here as there is no personal details involved.

    VAT?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey


    muffler wrote: »
    Just sent a PM there Tracey but you really should be able to confirm the cost in the public forum here as there is no personal details involved.
    Thanks for those details. 

    I require these to view what package you are on and the call itself so I can investigate this for you. 

    Thanks 

    Tracey 


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    Tracey, thanks for the reply and also the PM.

    Yesterday you give me this list of call charges but then by PM earlier today you give me a completely different list of charges. So which is it then?

    I went back through my emails and found the confirmation email from when I signed up to Eir for the phone and broadband service. At the time and again today I followed the link in that email to view the Terms & Conditions which took me to a web page which in turn give me a link to view the call charges and when I follow that it clearly shows that I am in an agreed contract to pay for calls as per the first link posted above being the one you posted yourself yesterday.

    You cant keep moving the goalposts by pulling prices from here and there when it suits. As I said the terms of my contract clearly state what I should be paying so I have been overcharged and probably thousands of other Eir customers around the country are in the same boat and most likely unaware of it. In the event that you may claim that there was a price increase I should point out that I was never notified of any such increase as I have retained and reread every single piece of correspondence from Eir.

    I need clarity on this matter as there are a lot of contradictions being posted.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle


    muffler wrote: »
    Tracey, thanks for the reply and also the PM.

    Yesterday you give me this list of call charges but then by PM earlier today you give me a completely different list of charges. So which is it then?

    I went back through my emails and found the confirmation email from when I signed up to Eir for the phone and broadband service. At the time and again today I followed the link in that email to view the Terms & Conditions which took me to a web page which in turn give me a link to view the call charges and when I follow that it clearly shows that I am in an agreed contract to pay for calls as per the first link posted above being the one you posted yourself yesterday.

    You cant keep moving the goalposts by pulling prices from here and there when it suits. As I said the terms of my contract clearly state what I should be paying so I have been overcharged and probably thousands of other Eir customers around the country are in the same boat and most likely unaware of it. In the event that you may claim that there was a price increase I should point out that I was never notified of any such increase as I have retained and reread every single piece of correspondence from Eir.

    I need clarity on this matter as there are a lot of contradictions being posted.
    Hi there muffler

    Thank you so much for getting in touch again. I will suggest contacting 1901 and dispute this with them and use the link in that private email you have as proof. Unfortunately, we won't be able to do this from here. Another alternative is to log a formal complaint here with all your account details. I would advise giving them both links that were provided to you and the one you have in your email.  They will be able to investigate, dispute and adjust

    -Kyle


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    Thanks for that Kyle.

    Is there an email address where I can direct the correspondence to?

    i want to provide the links that I followed and I wont be able to do that by phone or by the complaints form


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas


    muffler wrote: »
    Thanks for that Kyle.

    Is there an email address where I can direct the correspondence to?

    i want to provide the links that I followed and I wont be able to do that by phone or by the complaints form
    Hi muffler ,

    Unfortunately, We do not have an email address you can contact directly.

    Thanks

    Thomas


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    muffler wrote: »
    Thanks for that Kyle.

    Is there an email address where I can direct the correspondence to?

    i want to provide the links that I followed and I wont be able to do that by phone or by the complaints form
    Hi muffler ,

    Unfortunately, We do not have an email address you can contact directly.

    Thanks

    Thomas
    Dear oh dear.

    So a company as big as Eir doesnt have a contact email address for customers. Im struggling to understand or believe that.

    Add to that the fact that this is a customer support forum yet based on the replies above you cant help other than kick the ball down the road. Im not being critical of the reps here as you are working as instructed by those further up the food chain but its a pretty pathetic show that something so basic cant be dealt with here in this forum.

    One other question that perhaps you could answer (maybe not) is why is my bill (pending) for next month showing a charge of €42 as opposed to the contractually fixed payment of 40?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas


    muffler wrote: »
    muffler wrote: »
    Thanks for that Kyle.

    Is there an email address where I can direct the correspondence to?

    i want to provide the links that I followed and I wont be able to do that by phone or by the complaints form
    Hi muffler ,

    Unfortunately, We do not have an email address you can contact directly.

    Thanks

    Thomas
    Dear oh dear.

    So a company as big as Eir doesnt have a contact email address for customers. Im struggling to understand or believe that.

    Add to that the fact that this is a customer support forum yet based on the replies above you cant help other than kick the ball down the road. Im not being critical of the reps here as you are working as instructed by those further up the food chain but its a pretty pathetic show that something so basic cant be dealt with here in this forum.

    One other question that perhaps you could answer (maybe not) is why is my bill (pending) for next month showing a charge of €42 as opposed to the contractually fixed payment of 40?
    Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

    Thanks 

    Thomas


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    PM sent there now Thomas. Cheers


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    2 days later and no response to my PM


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas


    muffler wrote: »
    2 days later and no response to my PM
    I have responded to your PM.

    Thanks

    Thomas


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    I have responded to your PM.
    You did indeed but you didnt tell me anything other than you were "having an issue accessing the system"  :confused:  


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas


    muffler wrote: »
    I have responded to your PM.
    You did indeed but you didnt tell me anything other than you were "having an issue accessing the system"  :confused:  
    I apologise for the inconvenience the system we use was down at the time.

    I have checked and I can see you contacted our support team on the 31st of may and they advised of the charges.

    Thanks

    Thomas


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    muffler wrote: »
    I have responded to your PM.
    You did indeed but you didnt tell me anything other than you were "having an issue accessing the system"  :confused:  
    I apologise for the inconvenience the system we use was down at the time.

    I have checked and I can see you contacted our support team on the 31st of may and they advised of the charges.

    Thanks

    Thomas
    Yes, I did call in and guess what?....the girl I spoke to came up with a different charge making it 3 variations now on the cost of an evening national call. She couldnt explain it either and just like yourself she advised me to make a complaint.

    So is this what it has come to? You ask a simple question yet you cant get a definitive answer either here or on the phone and are then told to make a complaint.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey


    muffler wrote: »
    muffler wrote: »
    I have responded to your PM.
    You did indeed but you didnt tell me anything other than you were "having an issue accessing the system"  :confused:  
    I apologise for the inconvenience the system we use was down at the time.

    I have checked and I can see you contacted our support team on the 31st of may and they advised of the charges.

    Thanks

    Thomas
    Yes, I did call in and guess what?....the girl I spoke to came up with a different charge making it 3 variations now on the cost of an evening national call. She couldnt explain it either and just like yourself she advised me to make a complaint.

    So is this what it has come to? You ask a simple question yet you cant get a definitive answer either here or on the phone and are then told to make a complaint.
    I completely understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry for all the confusion. 

    The pricing provided by myself and Thomas would be correct and if you wish to have this investigated further a complaint would need to be logged I'm afraid. 

    Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you any further from here. Apologies for all inconvenience caused.

    Thanks 

    Tracey 


  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler


    Really? 

    You can view the pricing for a national call here This advises you on all
    The pricing provided by myself and Thomas would be correct 


  • Advertisement
Advertisement